Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Ana's Birthday celebrations

I LOVE a tea party so when my friend Julianna asked me to help create a garden tea party for her daughter Ana's 6th Birthday I said ABSOLUTELY!!!


There was lots of yummy food to eat - plates of fruit, sandwiches and some yummy sweet treats.

Here's the sweet stuff...

I decorated cupcakes with little crowns on top and tri-colour swirl buttercream icing.


Biscuits were made as thank you gifts for the party guests with custom tags.

 

Little sandwiches cut out in the shape of crowns.

 
 The Cake
I had seen this icing technique and have been wanting to try it out for a while so this seemed like the perfect opportunity

and on the inside.....
 .....3 yummy pink layers - all different shades (another technique I've been wanting to try).


The decorations were kept quite simple.  The party was held in the yard of my church which has a lovely big overhanging tree.  We held a ladies high tea there recently and I'd made a bunch of tissue paper pom poms to hang from the tree.




 There were little handmade touches like these cute little personalised bonbons which held little gifts for the party guests.

Everyone had a wonderful time including the Birthday girl!
 Happy Birthday Ana...xxxooo



2 comments: